SBI’s Operation Airlift to ease Hyderabad money disaster, 48% ATMs operating dry

HYDERABAD: With ATMs running dry and cash crunch in , the Cash Management Committee led by has decided to airlift currency to Hyderabad from bank chests in cash-surplus locations like Kochi, Chennai, Mumbai and Bhubaneswar.
Official reports submitted to the Telangana government state that only 52% of 8500 ATMs of various banks across Telangana are functional, implying the remaining 48% are either shut or dry.

Speaking to TOI, SBI chief general manager (Hyderabad Circle) said, “With RBI permission, we will airlift currency from our bank chests in cash-surplus states to Hyderabad on an emergency basis to deal with current situation.”

Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device. in English and other languages.